Overall, 2010 was a good year, and it flew by relatively quickly. It's hard to recall 365 days worth of activity in a few moments time, but just like everyone in this world, my year had it's ups and downs, and I'm excited to start over fresh in 2011.
Here is my recap from the last 12 calendar months:
- January was busy with renovating our first home, and moving on the last day of the month.
- February was difficult, as one of Nick's family members had a serious medical emergency, and ended up passing at the end of the month. Many hours were spent at the hospital, with family members, and helping on farm.
- March, and April seemed to fly by as we finished settling in, unpacked, organized and arranged, and some time was spent adjusting to all our newly acquired extra space. Around this time, I also decided it was time to end my part time bookkeeping job I had a Smart Flowers.
- May, my parents celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary, so we kept busy with planning and arranging their big surprise. May was also the month we made the decision to put my kitty kitty Emma to rest, and as hard as it was at the time, it was the right thing to do. I miss her incredibly, and reflect back on pictures of the good times (I'm a creepy, crazy cat lady...I know).
- June was officially summer, and although we had our campsite set up since the first weekend in May, June was when we really started to spend lots of time out there.
- July and August were mainly spent at the lake with good friends, or in town doing yard work, and during that time we also attended a family reunion.
- September marks the month that Nick finally bought the quad he had been drooling over all summer, and he's spent a good portion of his time riding with buddies through the mud puddles or ripping around in the snow at the lake.
- October allowed us to experienced Halloween on a different level as we stayed home from the bar, and enjoyed having kids come to our door, which was something we never got to experience in our apartment. October was also the month in which I started working casually for the S.C. Bronco Hockey Club.
- November and December flew by in a hurry and we were fortunate enough to have multiple Christmas celebrations.
I believe 2011 will be a good year, and I look forward to what may be in store for Nick and I. Although we're only 11 days in, I already had to make a very difficult decision that would have affected the rest of my life. I don't ever really make resolutions per say, but I do make mental notes of things I'd like to happen in the coming year. This year, I'd like to be less of a homebody. I want to spend more time with the friends I've got, and make an effort to make new friends. I want to be less restricted financially. I want to blog more. Among many other things, I want to stay happy. I'm very happy with most aspects of my life right now, and because I refuse to settle in the areas I'm not happy with, I am currently working on changing those things for the better.
Since it's been almost a year from when I started blogging, I looked back and reviewed all my old posts, right back to post number one. Although my blog turned out nothing like I hoped it would, I enjoy sharing with the world the lame little details as to what is going on in my life (even if I only have 2 readers). I had hoped to share my thoughts and feelings and look back for reflection, but instead I've got a photo album of things from my day to day life. Like most things in this life, blogging hasn't turned out as I initially expected, but I'm OK with that.
Goodbye 2010 - Hello 2011!
IMMD
15 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment