So, obviously these things cost money, and this year we have to pay $30 dollars per person. It's not bad really, as it covers our meals for 3 days, and lodging for anyone who needs it. This year, someone came up with the idea of having an auction of donated handcrafted items for people at the reunion to buy. The idea is for everyone to bring something crafty they have made, whether it be baking or quilting, or whatever else. In the long run, they hope to raise enough money to down the reunion fee for next time. The problem is....I am in no way shape or form crafty.
This is what I came up with....
Homemade greeting cards! Now, for someone who isn't very crafty, I think they turned out pretty darn nice! I made 10 in all, and placed them in a nice little box and wrapped it perfectly. I only took pictures of the four best ones. An avid scrapbooker will probably look at these and laugh....which is why I didnt post pictures of the other six I made, because trust me, they are much worse!
My mom also asked me for help making her "craft". It wasn't that she needed physical assistance, but it was something fun to do together. We made a really neat stepping stone with "Funk Reunion 2010" stamped into it. The small kit came with the concrete dust, some crushed glass for decoration, and some very simple instructions. My mom and I had it down to a science, but unfortunatly, both Nick and my dad were present and they were both offering their "assistance". For something the size of a small pizza box, my dad offered to fetch the wheelbarrow, and Nick suggested "Funk You" or "Funk Off" instead of "Funk Reunion 2010". So after a painful evening with the men in our family, we accomplished what we set out to do, and I think it's pretty neat. The butterfly was all me!


2 comments:
The cards look awsome! You SHOULD be proud! Very professioanl looking!
- from an "avid scrapbooker"
haha, thanks! I actually surprised myself!
Post a Comment