After everyone had gone home, my mom and I started the process of cleaning out my grandpa's house, and that was a bit stressful too. We had advertised a bunch of his items for sale online, and it seemed like I was constantly having to go over to show an item, or communicating back and forth annoyingly with uninterested buyers. Last week we finished emptying the contents of his apartment and doing the final cleaning. Aside from at the funeral, that was my goodbye. I was holding on to his memory from his items, and from being in his home, and since that part is over, I won't say my final goodbye until we spread his ashes in the summer at his desired location.
In regards to other things that have detached me from the world, my car was broken for nearly three weeks, which made it hard for me to get out and do the things I always took for granted when I had a running vehicle. Now that my car is fixed my mood is slightly better, aside from the fact that it cost a small fortune to make the repairs, a small fortune of course that I didn't have. Now my credit card is racked right back up again after I worked so hard to get it paid off, and I feel I'm stuck in a vicious cycle, with many other contributing factors not appropriate for discussion on the blog.
Alas, today brings a new month, and I'm currently trying to break the cycle I'm in. I spent the day with Nick so we could have some quality time together as we've been lacking in that department lately. We packed a picnic lunch (courtesy of Subway) and went quadding. We found a beautiful secluded area with a pond and a bunch of trees where we ate our lunch in peaceful silence, and continued on quadding and hiking through the coulees with the dogs. It was a beautiful day spent outdoors, and was a great way to jump start my new mood.


No comments:
Post a Comment