June 16, 2010

R.I.P. Kitty Kitty

Growing up, I wasnt allowed to have pets, so when I moved in with Nick it frequently came up in conversation as to whether or not we should get one. We never did agree that the timing was right, and put the idea temporarily to rest. Then (about three years ago) my Grandpa passed away the day before my birthday. We were very close, and I was an emotional wreck. Nick and his brother Brad worked together to keep me occupied for the afternoon of my birthday, and when I was allowed to return home, there was a baby kitty waiting for me. She really kept my mind off of things, and as time went by, she became a constant happy reminder of my Grandpa. She was grumpy cat alright, but I loved her with all my heart. Anyone who knew me knew my Emma was my baby. A few weeks ago she became ill and we decided it was best to put her down. As hard as it was for me to say goodbye, I know she is free of pain and in a better place. She may be gone, but i'll love her and miss her forever....







No comments:

 
Find More Free Custom Color Layouts at April Showers